6 Tips to Increase Sperm Count
Sperm is a crucial asset,and there are not one but many factors that can affect the health and number of your boys. Right from hormones to drugs to nicotine to what you eat etc. Another more serious factor that affects sperm count and quality is physical, verbal and sexual abuse. Also, emotional stressmay cause a steady decline in the sperm count. These factors can be treated with medications or may need medical supervision and procedures.
Before we speak about how to increase sperm count, let us first tell you what low sperm count is and what is sperm quality and how does it impact fertility.
Fifteenmillion is believed to the base in per milliliter of semen; anything low is considered low sperm count. Low sperm count means lesser chances of sperms reaching the egg and fertilizing it. Sometime even after having enough sperm count, there could be issues because of unhealthy sperm (sperm mobility), because they wouldn’t reach the tubes of your partner, hence fertility issues.
But importantly, one in every six couples face infertility because of lifestyle stress, a little change in the lifestyle can very easily address the issue-
- Eat right, Eat Healthy – Eating a balanced diet, adding fruits and vegetables helps overall wellness. Eating right not only increases sperm count but also to keeps you healthy. Add vitamin C in your diet; Vitamin C significantly helps to increase sperm count and sperm mobility and helps to reduce deformed sperms. Adding Vitamin D and Fenugreek is believed to boost the testosterone level.
- Exercise regularly – Regular exercise keeps weight in check and boost mood, boost sperm count and sperm mobility as well.
- Meditate – Reducing stress level takes you a long way towards improved sperm quality and count. Prolonged inadequate sleep and stress raises cortisol levels and adversely affects testosterone, which in term affects sperm count.
- Quit Smoking and Substance Abuse – Substance abuse negatively affects the ability to get an erection and produce sperm. Smoking also hinders the proper formation and development of sperm. Though a penis ring can help you to a certain extent if you stop at the right time, but you must stop.
- Stop Drinking – To cut along story short; alcohol damages liver function, the damaged liver cannot filter toxins out properly, and toxins rupture and destroy sperm cells.
- Keep Cool –Testicles are located in scrotum away from the core to keep them cooler (about two-degree Celsius lesser than the core) than the body temperature. Scrotum relaxes in higher temperature and sperms settles down, but when cooler they rise and settle closer to the body. Sitting too long, working too long in proximity to ovens, laptops, burners, etc., or any other source of heat and radiation should be avoided.
Frequent sex can negatively affect libidinous strength. Men need about 48 hours gap to produce the optimum amount of sperm between sex. Sperms need time to recover, but long gaps or absenteeism from sex can adversely affect sperm mobility and makes the sperms lazy.